If you are forming an Arizona LLC, then this page’s content would be vital. As you learn how to start an LLC, you will realize that the bulk of your initial work and cost comprises filing an Arizona certificate of formation, which we will elaborate on this page.
On this page, you’ll learn about the following:
What is a Certificate of Formation?
A Certificate of Formation, also known as an LLC certificate or Articles of Organization in some states, is a document filed with the secretary of state to form an LLC.
Each state has a different requirement to fill out a form. A Certificate of Formation usually includes the following:
- The name of the LLC,
- the effective date of the LLC,
- the company’s principal office,
- the business purpose,
- the duration of the business,
- a copy of the LLC’s name registration certificate, and
- the name and address of the registered agent, organizers, and
- at least one member of the company.
Note that the certification of formation is a legal requirement, not to mention, the core of your LLC formation. It even makes up the bulk of your LLC cost. Without it, you have no LLC. So, take the time to complete and file this certificate.
How to File an Arizona Certificate of Formation
These are the simple steps to follow in filing a Certificate of Formation in Arizona.
Step 1: Find Forms Online
Go to the Arizona Secretary of State to download the certificate of formation form for your LLC or to log into the online service.
Step 2: Fill Out Form
You must attach a copy of your Name Reservation to your filled-out Certificate of Formation form when filing. You also need to nominate a registered agent. Here are 3 of the best LLC services on our list.
Our Rating & Pricing
#1 TOP PICK
$49 + State Fees
$299 + State Fees
$399 + State Fees
Step 3: File Formation Certificates
File your formation certificate either online or by mail by filling out a form and sending it to the Arizona Corporate Commission, Examination Section 1300 W, Washington Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85007.
File Alaska Certificate of Formation Online
Time needed: 5 minutes.
To start an LLC in Arizona, you need to file for the certificate of Incorporation of your LLC with the Secretary of State of Arizona. You can do this online and you can file for it through mail too. Online filing helps in expedited processing of the Certificate as well. The formation guide in the following steps will help you file for the articles of the organization so read on and get the info.
- Visit the website
Go to the official website of the Arizona Corporation Commission. The website will guide you on how to file for Articles of Incorporation online.
- Sign in to your account
The opening page will ask for your login credentials for the eCorp Account. If you already have an account on the platform, then fill in your login details and continue to “Sign-in”.
- Create your Account
If you do not have an eCorp account, click on the “Register” option on the page. This will navigate you to the Register page, where you must fill in your basic details such as First and Last name, and email address.
- Proceed with the Registration
After registering your account on the eCorp platform, log in with your username and password. After logging in, select the “Online Services” option. Then, choose the option of “Start a New Business” and proceed with the filing of your documents for application for Articles of Incorporation with the State of Arizona.
Filing Arizona Articles of Organization by Mail
The State of Arizona also provides an easy mechanism to file the application for articles of Incorporation by mail. By following the instructions below, one can file the certificate of Incorporation in Arizona
- Download the Application form PDF.
- Fill in the mandatory details, such as Entity type, name, the character of business, shares, Street Address of the Business, Details of Directors, Details of Statutory Agent, etc. You can either fill in the details on your system then download the document or print the document and then write in ink.
- After filling in all the details, review the information thoroughly.
- Once you complete all the required formalities, make a payment of $50 in the name of the Secretary of State.
- Mail your application and cover sheet to the following address: Arizona Corporation Commission – Examination Section 1300 W. Washington St., Phoenix, Arizona 85007.
- You can also submit your documents in-person to the following address: Arizona Corporation Commission, Corporations Division,1300 W. Washington St., Phoenix, AZ 85007.
Cost of Filing an Arizona Formation Certificate
The filing of the formation certificate makes up the majority of the cost of forming an Arizona LLC, and this filing can be done online as well as via mail. It is more convenient to file a certificate of formation online than by mail. However, the cost of filing remains the same irrespective of the mode of application.
- Online filing costs $50 (expedited fee costs $85)
- By-mail Filing costs $50
A Certificate of Formation is a legal document that will officially make your LLC into existence. This document is needed specifically for Arizona in forming an LLC business structure.
The application form for the Certificate of Formation needs to include the LLC name, date of establishment, the company’s registered office, business purpose, how long the business will exist, and a copy of the LLC’s name registration certificate.
Filing by mail or in person is neither highly recommended nor required; waiting an extra week for your LLC to be approved isn’t that bad. The LLC approval you send in will be returned by mail. Online filing, meanwhile, is more convenient as you won’t have to stay in a queue.