If you already have an LLC in another state and want an Arizona LLC, then how to start an LLC would be somewhat different. You must register as a foreign LLC. We have here a guide on how you can qualify and register for a foreign LLC in Arizona.
On this page, you’ll learn about the following:
- Forming an Arizona Foreign LLC
- Steps to Filing an Alaska Foreign LLC Online
- Filing Arizona Foreign LLC by Mail
- After Forming Arizona Foreign LLC
Forming an Arizona Foreign LLC
A foreign LLC does not need to be a company from another country but a business formed under the laws of another state. To start a foreign LLC in Arizona, you need to register it with the Arizona Secretary of State.
Step 1: Choose Arizona Foreign LLC Name
Obtain a name reservation certificate and submit it with your foreign qualification requirements at the Arizona Secretary of State. Your LLC’s legal name outside of Arizona will be listed on the application, along with the name it will use in Arizona. Take note of the requirements for naming your LLC.
Step 2: Select Arizona Foreign LLC Registered Agent
You’ll need a registered agent to form a foreign LLC in Arizona and take note that an Arizona registered agent must have a local address. Here are three of the best LLC services on our list that will provide you with registered agents to ease your worries:
Our Rating & Pricing
#1 TOP PICK
$49 + State Fees
$299 + State Fees
$399 + State Fees
Step 3: File Registration of Arizona Foreign LLC
Fill out and submit a Foreign LLC Application for Registration form via email using the emailing page of the Arizona Secretary of State or by mail to Arizona Corporate Commission, Examination Section 1300 W, Washington Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85007.
Include the following:
- LLC’s full legal name.
- A fictitious name or a DBA (only if your LLC’s legal name is not available); Attach a statement of adoption of the fictitious name signed by all LLC members.
- LLC’s principal office and mailing addresses.
- LLC formation state and date.
- Registered agent’s name and address in Arizona.
- Date when your LLC will start operations in Arizona.
- Credit card information on the last page of the form for the $150 application fee.
The LLC cost in Arizona, even for foreign LLCs will differ between online filing and by mail.
Step 4: Determine How Your Arizona Foreign LLC is taxed
Foreign LLCs are also subjected to the Arizona Business Privilege Tax, and they must file LLC annual reports each year.
Note that forming a foreign LLC would be good for your business as you can legally operate in a different state thus reaching a larger market and opening more opportunities for higher profit.
Steps to Filing an Alaska Foreign LLC Online
Time needed: 5 minutes.
A foreign LLC is a form of the regular LLC business structure originally registered in another state and wants to conduct its business in the State of Arizona. When you are registering for the foreign LLC in this particular State, you will have to submit your Application for Registration of foreign LLC with the Secretary of State which costs $150. After approval, you will receive a Verification Certificate from the State Office. We have explained the aspects you need to cover when you apply for Arizona Foreign LLC.
- Visit the website
Go to the official website of the Arizona Corporation Commission. The website will guide you on how to file a registration application for a foreign LLC in Arizona online.
- Sign in to your account
The opening page will ask for your login credentials for the eCorp Account. If you have already created an account on the platform, then fill in your login details and continue to “Sign-in”
- Create your Account
If you do not have an eCorp account, click on the “Register” option on the page. This will navigate you to the Register page, where you must fill in your basic details such as First and Last name, and email address.
- Proceed with the Registration
After registering your account on the eCorp platform, log in with your username and password. After logging in, select the “Online Services” option. Then, choose the option of “Start a New Business” and proceed with the filing of your documents for application for Articles of Incorporation for foreign LLC with the State of Arizona.
It is convenient plus easy to file for the foreign LLC if you are doing it online. The steps are very easy and that’s why it’s possible to go along with the steps and form the foreign LLC in Arizona.
Filing Arizona Foreign LLC by Mail
The State of Arizona also provides an easy mechanism to file the application for Registration of foreign LLCs by mail. By following the instructions below, one can file the application in Arizona.
- Download the application form PDF. It can be filled out online and/or printed and then filled out in pen and mailed to the Arizona State Authorities.
- Read the information carefully in the form. Fill in the required details such as name and the original jurisdiction of your business, name and address of your registered agent, names and addresses of your business managers/members.
- Make the payment: Make a cheque with the Basic Filing fee of $150.00.
- Once you complete all the steps, mail your application to the following mailing address: Arizona Corporation Commission – Examination Section 1300 W. Washington St., Phoenix, Arizona 85007.
After Forming Arizona Foreign LLC
Here are added things you need to accomplish after forming your Arizona Foreign LLC
- Obtain Business Licenses. Find the business licenses you’ll need using the Business License Search.
- File LLC annual reports and Business Privilege Tax.
- Pay State Taxes like sales tax; you’ll need an EIN for your LLC.
If your LLC is formed under the laws of another state, it is referred to as a foreign LLC in Arizona.
Businesses incorporated outside of the state where they operate must have “foreign qualifications” issued in the other states.
A domestic LLC is a company registered in Arizona as an LLC. The entity type that has a physical presence in another state is a foreign LLC.