If you are looking for information on how to delete your PayPal account, this is the article that you are looking for. We all know that PayPal is a great e-wallet platform, but it has some limitations. And sometimes, it has some quirks and downsides. So if you feel that you are done with PayPal for good, we will guide you on how to delete PayPal account the easy and quickest way.
Note that deleting a PayPal account is not as instant as a push of a button. For some, that may be true. But there are some circumstances that PayPal does not allow immediate removal of an active account. But you shouldn’t worry. We will also discuss that information with you.
How to Delete PayPal Account
Are you not interested in using PayPal anymore? Have you encountered some hiccups while using the platform? Perhaps a service or product from PayPal is not to your liking, and you feel that there are other better options.
If you have a good reason not to use the most popular online payment platform anymore, it’s alright. You can always easily delete your PayPal account. That is unless of course, you do not have some current unresolved transactions or issues. But we will get to that later. Here’s how you can delete PayPal account.
- On your laptop or PC, open a web browser.
- On the web browser’s address bar, type in www.paypal.com.
- Once you are on PayPal’s official webpage, Click on the “Log in” button in the top right corner of the screen.
- On the next page, type in your PayPal account details such as email address and password.
- When you enter your PayPal account summary, click on the gear icon button on the top right corner of the screen. Just next to the “Log Out” button.
- On the Settings’ menu, scroll down to see the “Close your account” button.
- Once you click on this button, you will be asked to confirm this action and decision because there is no turning back from this.
- When you do confirm, that’s it. Your PayPal account is deleted and removed from the platform for good.
Some Important Reminders
Before you make that final decision, there are some things that you need to consider first. Please read this carefully prior to the actual deletion of your PayPal account.
- As mentioned, a closed account cannot be recovered. Although, you can still apply the same email account to open a new PayPal account. But all the transactions and history from the previous account activity using the same email address will not be present or accessible anymore.
- Before you close your account, make sure that you already withdrew all your money from your PayPal balance. That is because there is no way to retrieve those funds once you confirm the removal of your account.
- A “limited” account will not be allowed to get deleted until all requirements and documents are submitted and verified.
- If there is an unresolved issue pending on your account, you will also not be allowed to remove your account. Fix that first, and then you can close your account.
- Any unpaid requests from your account will be canceled. That means, if you are expecting those requests to get paid, that will not be possible anymore.
- If you have unused redemption codes and coupons, those will disappear as well with your account.
Whatever your reason is for deleting your account, always make sure to withdraw and remove all your funds inside the account. As the reminder would suggest, you can never take it back. One reason is that all history that the funds existed will be deleted along with the account. So you will not have any proof or record that you still have money on PayPal.
Now, related to today’s topic, what can be your reason to delete PayPal account? Tell us in the comment section below. We would love to know what you think about PayPal’s quality of service in the words of other people.
Feel free to leave your comments, suggestions, and even questions if you have any down below. We will try to answer and respond to all of them as soon as we can.