Are you new to PayPal? If you are, then here is a brief introduction on how to receive payment on PayPal, for which, you mostly just need your email address. This is one of the most popular payment platforms out there, and also the easiest financial tool to use on the internet.
PayPal has been the go-to service for payments and transparent money transfers for most people that want to manage their money through the internet. As you may have known for quite some time now, the internet is not the safest place for your personal money and transactions. A lot of people will do anything to get their hands on your funds if it is doable.
And this is where PayPal becomes an authority in online payments. They can provide a financial platform that is both safe and user-friendly for anyone who uses it even for international payments.
In this article, we will show you how easy to use PayPal, which offers features such as international money transfer, guest checkout payments, and schedule payment frequencies. It also allows quick receipt of payments. But before we continue with the details, make sure to check out our other PayPal guides on Money Brighter.
How to receive money on PayPal
Receiving money on PayPal is almost instant. It typically just takes a few seconds to a couple of minutes. As long as your account has no issues, it should just be like handing cash to a person in the same room. Here’s how it goes.
Assuming that you already have a verified PayPal account, all you need is to tell the person that will send you money your PayPal email address. It’s the email address you used to sign up for a PayPal account.
The person that will send you money should also have a PayPal account with the funds needed to send to you.
To confirm that you received the money, you will need to access your PayPal account online.
On your laptop or PC, open a web browser of your choice.
Using the web browser’s address bar, type in the PayPal official website address.
Once you are on PayPal’s main page, click on the “Log in” button on the top right of the page.
You should see a prompt that requires you to type in your email address and password.
Press Enter to log in.
When you see your PayPal account dashboard, you should also find the added funds that went into your account.
That’s it. You have received the money from your PayPal account.
Did you know that there are different types of PayPal accounts? Check out our guides for PayPal for non-profits, joint accounts, and premier accounts. We also have a guide on how to withdraw money from your account.
- Receiving money through PayPal is allowed without limits. It is the withdrawal that requires some verification, a bank account, and some personal documents to make sure that you are actually who you say you are.
- If you have or installed the PayPal app on your Android or iOS mobile phone, you will get a notification each time a transaction is done involving your PayPal account. So when someone sent you money, a notification should appear on your smartphone.
- Aside from the mobile app, PayPal will also send you a notification on your email account.
- For basic accounts that are not yet verified, you can receive unlimited funds on your PayPal account but will have some limits on withdrawing it to your bank account.
- The money on your PayPal account is good as cash. You can use it to any outlet, merchant, or e-store that accepts PayPal funds as payment.
- Transferring the funds to a bank account takes days or depending on your bank policies and regulations.
If you want an easy way to transfer and receive money, PayPal is one of the top choices out there. The fact that they are also a secured method of payment gives it all the more reason to use their services.
To maximize PayPal and the use of its features and products, you should verify your account. To do this, send some personal documents that are listed on PayPal’s requirement list. Also, verify the activity of your bank account or credit card by going through their verification process.
If you have more questions about how to receive money on PayPal feel free to leave a message in the comment section below. We will be more than happy to assist you as soon as we can. Ask us about debit card payment request, international Transfer, Transaction Fees, Online Purchases, Payment Method, Electronic Payments, Domestic Payments, Request Payment, Payment Amounts, Payment Instruction, Payment Processor, Payment Preferences, Common payment options, Payment terms, Credit card Transactions, Credit Card Dispute, purchase Details, Fund Transfers, International Funds or anything from the article.