Perhaps you are hoping to form an LLC in Texas. People assume that starting an LLC is difficult and costly. However, it’s generally not difficult, and the cost would vary across states. We have all the info you need to know about the cost of forming an LLC, particularly the LLC cost in Texas.
On this page, you’ll learn about the following:
Texas LLC Cost of Filing
Here are the costs involved in forming an LLC in Texas.
Cost of Filing Formation Certificates
The Texas Certificate of Formation is responsible for the majority of the cost, which could also vary depending on whether you’re forming a domestic LLC or a foreign LLC. Still, you can file both at the Texas Secretary of State.
Texas Domestic LLC
- Online Filing costs $300.
- By Mail: Fill out the application form, and send it to Secretary of State P.O. Box 13697 Austin, TX 78711. Costs $300.
Texas Foreign LLC
- Online Filing costs $750.
- By Mail: Fill out the application form, and send it to Secretary of State P.O. Box 13697 Austin, TX 78711. Costs $750.
Note that filing online is ideal, not only because you need to go to the Secretary of State office, but also it would be faster. You won’t have to wait in a queue in doing so.
Texas LLC Formation Service or Registered Agent Fee
You need a registered agent to form an LLC in Texas, hence, added costs for service fees. Here are three of the best LLC services on our list that will provide you with registered agents to ease your worries.
Our Rating & Pricing
#1 TOP PICK
$49 + State Fees
$299 + State Fees
$399 + State Fees
Business Permits and Licenses
The business licenses depend on your business’s activity and location and are renewed yearly. As such, the cost will vary. Check the Texas Department of Revenue for regulatory boards or agencies requiring licensing.
- Texas Name Reservation: $28 for online fillings or $25 by mail
- Doing Business As (DBA): $25 for online filling or if filing by mail
- Certified Document Copies: $20 for up to five pages
- Certified of Good Standing: $15
- Business Domain Name and Website: depend on your preference, but domain name could be as low as $2.99/yr at NameCheap, and web hosting is at least $30/mo at Kinsta.
- Online workspace: at least $4.20/mo for GSuite.
- Business Insurance: would vary depending on insurance type–whether general liability insurance or professional liability insurance–and coverage.
- Dissolution of Texas LLC: $40
It is possible to form an LLC without professional help, but forms still have associated costs, regardless of where your LLC is formed.
It is difficult to say whether forming an LLC is expensive. Nevertheless, the cost could be anywhere from $40 to $500. If you refuse to hire professionals, you’ll still have expenses like form fees to cover.
The need to separate personal money from business funds, thus necessitating the creation of a business bank account for your LLC.