Two years ago, PayPal decided to discontinue the PayPal My Cash card. The discontinuation irked users who relied on the card because they use it to reload their PayPal account directly.
If you’re one of the My Cash card users, then there’s no need to worry! PayPal actually switched to a user friendly feature so that you could easily reload your funds. This new feature is called PayPal Cash.
All of us are familiar with PayPal’s standard method of reloading accounts. This is usually done through a credit card or bank account. Meanwhile, PayPal My Cash Card was intended to make reloading PayPal much easier with the cash you have on hand.
This new feature involves going to selected retailers like 7-Eleven, Rite Aid, Pharmacy, and CVS Pharmacy.
How to Use PayPal Cash
PayPal Cash makes reloading PayPal accounts easier and more convenient because you will not have to purchase a card to make this feature work. Just follow the steps below:
- Open the PayPal app on your mobile device or use a web browser using a laptop or PC.
- Log in using your PayPal information.
- Select “Add Money,” and PayPal CASH® Add money at a Store on the menu.
- Select your preferred retailer.
- A custom barcode will then appear on your screen.
- If you are using the mobile app, you will only need to present the barcode using your mobile phone.
- If you are using a web browser, print the barcode on a piece of paper.
- Bring the barcode to the register with your money that you want to deposit to your PayPal account.
- That’s it! In a few moments, the newly added funds will appear on your PayPal account
- A $3.95 service fee applies
- The mobile barcode is only good for one hour from the time of its creation.
- The web browser barcode is good for 48 hours from the time of its creation.
- When using the mobile app, create the barcode when you reach the retailer location. You only have an hour so it would be best if you are near the counter when it is available.
- You can only add values ranging from $20 to $500 using one barcode.
- Only three barcodes are allowed per day.
- You are limited to $4,000 a month using the barcode method.
- This service is only available in selected countries. If your mobile app or browser does not show the “Add Money” button, that means your account is not eligible to use this feature.
PayPal Cash is useful for those instances that you want to buy something online but do not have enough funds on your credit card or bank account. This will make adding money a lot easier and more convenient.
While using the PayPal Cash, make sure to monitor all the limitations set by PayPal. Otherwise, you could end up having your account on hold and this might cause inconveniences on your part.
Feel free to ask us questions by leaving a comment below. We will try to respond to them as soon as we can.