The PayPal Smart Connect or PSC is like a credit card scheme in which you can use to pay for any transaction you do online using PayPal. That means, if you know that an outlet, store, or website accepts PayPal payment, then you can rest assured that you can use PayPal Smart Connect too.
Now, not all PayPal accounts and users are eligible for PSC. If it does not appear on your PayPal dashboard, then you are not eligible. Or you are probably in a country where you only have limited access and feature for these kinds of PayPal products.
This PayPal feature is typically available for the US. So if you are not located in this area, you are probably limited to basic PayPal features. Before we discuss any further, make sure that you check out our other articles on Money Brighter.
The PSC is not a credit card. Instead, it is a line of credit where you can use as an option from your PayPal account.
As an eligible PayPal account user, this should be shown as one of the options whenever you shop on online outlets such as eBay and Walmart. When you checkout with your chosen item, the PayPal Smart Connect will be one of the options.
How to Apply for PayPal Smart Connect
Applying for PSC is easy. As mentioned earlier, if your PayPal account is eligible, it should appear on your dashboard. Anyway, here’s a simpler way to do it.
- Go to PayPal Extras MasterCard webpage.
- Click on the “Apply” button.
- On the next page, you will need to log in your PayPal account.
- Once logged in, go to the PayPal Extras MasterCard and hit “Apply.”
- Provide all the needed data and confirm.
- If you are approved, the PSC should be one of the products that should be offered to you whenever you check out on a purchase.
- That’s it. You may now enjoy PayPal Smart Connect.
How to use PayPal Smart Connect
If you already have PSC activated and ready to use, all you need to do is make some purchases. Here’s a general overview of how to use the product.
- For example, go to an online merchant like eBay.
- Choose the item that you want to buy.
- Hit “Checkout.”
- On the Checkout page, you will be presented with options on how to pay for the item that you want to purchase. Choose PayPal.
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Choose which fund you want to use to pay for the product. This is the part where you choose between your current funds, PayPal Extras MasterCard, or pay using PayPal Smart Connect.
- Confirm, and you are good to go.
Before using PSC, you should keep in mind that the product comes with 26.99% APR (Annual Percentage Rate). That might be a bit costly for most people. So unless you prefer online transactions, the PSC might not be a good choice for you.
There are hundreds of credit card choices out there. Study your options and weigh in what credit line will suit you best. If you think PSC is the right one for you, then go ahead and apply for one.
PayPal Smart Connect is a good product for certain people. It is not for everyone, and it has some good and bad points. So always try to research a little bit when deciding on your financial activities. See if it suits your needs or not.
So now that we reached the conclusion, do you think PayPal Smart Connect or PSC is the right credit line for you? Tell us what you think in the comment section. We would love to know more about what you guys think.
If you have questions and suggestions, feel free to message us in the comment section. We will try to respond to them as soon as we can.