If you are looking for the perfect video player where you can easily binge-watch your favorite shows, and their archived episodes, you have come to the right place! Read on to learn more about how to use pbs.org/activate to gain access to the PBS Video application from your smart TV, and other connected devices!
Create a PBS Account
Creating your PBS account is very essential because otherwise, you will not be able to sync your account to several devices. The steps to create a new PBS accounts are quite simple and easy to follow. Just remember to note down the credentials: your email id and password very carefully because these will help you get access to your account later on. The steps are explained further in the points below:
- The first step is to go to the PBS official page.
- You will find the Sign In button on the top left of the main screen.
- Over there select the Sign In with the Email option.
- The instructions on the screen will ask for your First Name, Last Name. Then the next two will ask you to provide your email id and to set up a new password.
- Make sure that you create a strong password with several characters which are at least eight characters long.
- After your completion hit the Register button.
- You will also find another button there. It says ‘Keep me signed in.’ you can click on that if you do not want to type in your email id and password every time.
- After your successful signing up on the PBS site, you will automatically be redirected to the homepage. There you can find your name at the top of the webpage.
- You can click the Keep me signed in the checkbox to stay signed in to PBS.org.
- After clicking Register, you are signed in to PBS and are directed to the PBS.org homepage. Your first name shows at the top of the page.
- Use this login and password any time you log in to PBS products.
How to use pbs.org/activate code
The step to generate and activate your PBS account using the unique code is pretty similar among the various devices. In a few simple and easy to follow methods activate your PBS account without any worry or hassle! All the details are explained further:
- The first step to activate your PBS streaming account on any of your preferred choice of device is to go to the web browser and type http://www.pbs.org/activate
- You can use any browser to get to the first step. This can be Firefox, Safari, or Chrome. Access this website through your phone or computer.
- Then, you will be redirected to a webpage where a textbox will pop up. Here you will also find a seven-digit pop up activate code.
- Click on the Continue button.
- If you are having trouble opening the activation link through the browser, you can also click on this link here.
How to use pbs.org/activate for Roku TV
Roku is a very popular medium for people to enjoy several entertainment shows and other features. Similarly, the PBS Video application can also be accessed directly on your Roku TV Channel so that you enjoy watching your favorite shows and videos, check out the archived episodes and catch up on all the missed instances! You can also check out watch.food network.com/activate.
You can do all of this by first getting the application on your Roku TV, and then successfully activating the link that will be generated. Without the activation, you will not be able to sync your favorite shows across this medium. So, to learn more about the steps of activation in detail, read on.
- Check out the several channel option on your Roku TV screen and select to open the PBS Video channel application from there.
- You will be instantly redirected to a different screen where you will find the option of ‘Activate Now.’ Click on that option and get started.
- Soon you will receive a bunch of further instructions on the screen. You will also find a unique activation code popping up.
- This will be your activation of seven digits. This code will be the key to your account activation on your Roku TV.
- The unique code is very important for you to remember and check carefully. If you put the wrong code in, you will not be able to have any access to your PBS account.
- Open the browser on your computer or mobile phone and type in http://www.pbs.org/activate
- Once the browser opens up, sign in to your PBS account by putting in your proper credentials of login id and password.
- Then once you are done with signing in, and you have put in your activation code correctly by double-checking it thoroughly, just wait for the message on the screen.
- Soon you will see the screen that says your confirmation of your Roku TV device has been successful, and your PBS account has been activated.
- You can go back to your Roku TV now and have full access to the home screen of
- After signing in, a screen should appear confirming that your Roku device has been activated.
- Return to your Roku device where the screen should update to show the home screen of the PBS Video app.
How to use pbs.org/activate for Samsung TV
The Samsung range of Smart TV is a very popular choice among gadget users of today. PBS Video player is also such a user favorite application wherein everyone can easily watch, and rewatch all their favorite shows and series unlimitedly. There are several other features for the users to choose this application over the rest available in the market.
The latest update of the Samsung Smart TV ranging from 2017 to the 2019 models includes this PBS Video application for free download with any further external or hidden cost or activation fee.
- You can download the PBS Video application on your Samsung device in a few simple steps. The first step is to sign in to your pre-existing Samsung Account. Fill in all the necessary details, provide the login id and passwords, and continue with the next steps.
- Next, go to the Home page or the Main Menu of your Samsung smart TV.
- Use the remote buttons to navigate to the Apps section of the menu.
- Next, click on that Apps button and locate the magnifying glass symbol available to you on your Smart TV screen. Use this in-built feature to search the list of the available apps on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Now, you have to search for the PBS Video application on your search menu list. After going through the list, simply click on the PPBS Video App icon to go the next step. This enables the Samsung device to sync up with the PBS application.
- Select the button ‘Install’ to start downloading the application on your Samsung Smart TV. This is very important and you cannot access your PBS account details without installing the app.
- After the installation is complete, you have to go back to the Home Screen or the Main Menu of your Samsung Smart TV and see the application available to you on the screen. This is also another way of accessing the PBS Video app fast in a hassle-free way.
For further information on how to activate your PBS Vido account on your Samsung Smart TV, you can check out the Samsung official website. You can also learn more about your specific device and learn all about the navigation tools by reading the detailed guides in there.
- On your PBS Video App, you will initially receive an alphanumeric unique id. This code is essential for your successful activation, so you have to note this code and use it on the official activation website.
How to use pbs.org/activate for Apple TV
Apple TV is one of the most premium gadgets out there. Always outdoing itself with all the latest updates and features. Most importantly, it makes sure that the user accessibility is never facing a problem.
So, lovers of Apple TV, rejoice because you can now have the best of both worlds all at once. Use your PBS Video App account on all your devices, including your favorite Apple TV. Just follow these few simple steps and unlock all the unlimited hours of shows and videos at once!
- Go to the Apps section of your Apple TV and search for the PBS Video application to ensure that it is downloaded on the device.
- When it the time comes for activation of your account, you have to sign in to the account and click on the activate button so that the activation code is generated.
- Right after that, you will receive the activation code message.
- Go to your computer or any mobile phone device and open the web browser of your choice.
- When you are on your Apple TV and receive a message to activate, take note of the activation code.
- On your computer, tablet, or phone, open a web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- And then go type http://www.pbs.org/activate in the search bar of the webpage to go to the main activation page.
- Fill in the right activation code in the box that pops up.
- Hit the Continue button.
- After this, you will get your Apple TV to be successfully activated! Return to the main home screen of your smart TV and start enjoying watching the PBS Video shows and more.
How to use pbs.org/activate for Amazon TV
Amazon TV is a very popular smart TV that offers a host of features and services. If you want to watch your desired shows, videos, and more – you can go ahead and sync your PBS Video account with your smart TV device. Just follow the instructions given below and start streaming high quality, premium television content.
- The first step is to make sure that the app has to be activated in order to be accessed through the connected devices.
- Activate the application by clicking on the button popping on the screen.
- Here you will get a unique activation code comprising of seven character long random combinations of an alphanumeric digit.
- Remember this code so that you can input it correctly in the following steps.
- Then take your computer or any mobile phone and go to the official activation page of the PBS Video App. You can also click on this link.
- Fill in the all necessary information with the correct activation code.
- And, you’re all set! Your Amazon Fire Device is fully synced up with your PBS account.
Open the app on your device, get the activation code, then click on this link. Hit the activation button, and your device will be activated.
Yes, it is safe, as long as you are doing it from the main website and not revealing any sensitive information.
Yes, the PBS Video App can be used in several smart devices such as Roku, Apple, Amazon Fire, and more.
It often happens that you are searching for a perfect media player where you can easily access your favourite archived episodes. But most of the time it becomes quite a task to find them. The PBS application offers the perfect solution to your problems!
And the best part? You can enjoy this app from whichever device you prefer, whether it is on the big screen or any portable device! Read on to know more about it.