If you want the perfect video player for kid-friendly shows, then PBS Kids is for you. MoneyBrighter gives you this guide on how to activate and use pbs.org/activate to gain access to the PBSKids application from your smart TV and other connected devices!
Note that PBS Kids has merchandise for sale on the site. You may purchase using any major credit cards. Learn about activating Citi Card via Citi.com/activate, how to confirm cards through Americanxpress.com/confirmcard, activate credits cards via Bankofamerica/activate, or Capitalone.com/activate.
Create a Pbskids.org/activate Account
Creating your Pbskids.org/activate account is essential because otherwise, you will not sync your account to several devices. The steps to create a new PBS accounts are quite simple and easy to follow.
- First, go to www.pbs.org.
- You will find the Sign In button in the top left of the main screen.
- Over there, select the Sign In with the Email option.
- The instructions on the screen will ask for your First Name, Last Name. The next two will then ask you to provide your email id and set up a new password. Create a strong password with several characters, which is at least eight characters long.
- After your completion, hit the Register button.
- After your successfully signing up on the Pbskids.org site, you will automatically be redirected to the homepage. There you can find your name at the top of the webpage.
- Click the “Keep me signed in” checkbox to stay signed in to PBS.org.
How to use Pbskids.org/activate for Roku TV
Your Pbskids.org Video application can also be accessed directly on your Roku TV via Roku.com/link. Here’s how:
- Check out the several channel option on your Roku TV screen, and select to open the PBS Video channel application from there.
- You will be instantly redirected to a different screen where you will find the option of ‘Activate Now.’ Click on that option and get started.
- Soon you will receive a bunch of further instructions and a unique activation code popping up.
- Open the browser on your computer or mobile phone and type in http://www.pbskids.org/activate.
- Once the browser opens up, sign in to your PBSKids account by putting in your proper login id and password credentials.
- Once you are done signing in and putting in your activation code correctly by double-checking it thoroughly, just wait for the message on the screen.
- Soon you will see the screen that says your confirmation of your Roku TV device has been successful, and your PBSKids account has been activated.
- After signing in, you’ll get a confirmation notice asking if your Roku device is activated.
- Go to your Roku device. The screen should update to show the PBSKids Video app’s home screen.
Pbskids.org/activate Apple tv
You can watch PBS videos on your Apple TV. However, activate the device first. The activation steps are similar to whether or not you have a Passport member benefit. When on your Apple TV, you’ll receive a message to activate. Write down the activation code.
- On your computer, phone, or tablet, open a browser. It could be Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- Encode http://www.pbs.org/activate in the address bar.
- Put in activation code in the textbox provided.
- Press Continue
Your Apple TV should be activated already. You can go back to your Apple TV to begin watching PBS videos.
Upon downloading the PBS Video app to your Amazon Fire device, you will need to activate it before stream videos.
- Open the app. You’ll be asked to activate the app. Select Activate Now.
- A 7-character activation code will appear on your screen. Take note of this.
- On your computer, open a web browser and go to pbs.org/activate
- Encode your device’s unique activation code in the “Activation Code” field. Then press Continue.
- On the next page, you must sign in with a Google, Facebook, or PBS account.
- Your device should activate after Sign in.
- Your device also automatically updates. You can now begin watching videos on the PBS Video app.
The shows may be at a different time. Go to the TV Times option to get more information. If there is still no information available, then perhaps your PBS station is not airing certain shows anymore. Check your local station for TV show details.
You can go to www.apple.com/support/itunes/ for billing questions or other inquiries about your App Store transaction.
Go to http://to.pbs.org/Amazon_support for billing questions or other inquiries about your Amazon Store transaction.
The PBSKids application offers the perfect range of shows for your kids. You can enjoy this app from whichever device you prefer, whether on the big screen or any portable device! Follow the abovementioned steps closely and spend some quality time with your kids.