Roku is a streaming device allowing you to download music and video, plus play games. It is a Japanese company and it means “Six” in Japanese. These drivers can be used on any HDMI-connected TV, but are especially useful for people who don’t own a smart TV with internet access. Every package comes with a remote, a small, easy-to-use tool that helps you to navigate the on-screen tabs and monitor streaming media playback. To know more about this device click on roku.com/link. To solve any activation issue, scroll down, and help yourself.
On this page, you’ll learn about the following:
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Your devices can be activated through a specific link or using an activation code. read on to know the process of link activation and code activation,
- Set up device
Set up your device using the user guide, click on the support guide if you have any trouble while setting up.
- Connect to device
Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your device with the internet connection. When you are connected, download the latest in-built Roku operating system.
- Get activation code
You will receive an activation code on your screen.
- Type activation code in roku.com/link
Open roku.com/link from your mobile device. Open the link and type down the activation code.
If you face any error during the activation process, visit the device activation support page. You must follow all the measures on the website before returning to your Roku TV system or else your system won’t get activated.
- Create am account or log in
You need to create an account with a valid email address. If you’re already a user, then login to your existing account.
- Set up payment if you will subscribe to premium channels.
While creating an account, you will receive a payment dialogue box. You only need to pay, if you subscribe to the Premium channels like NETFLIX or buy/rent any content from Roku. If you want to prevent any unauthorized purchases, you can create a pin for security reasons. To create a pin, visit the PIN Creating page.
You have now created an account, and your devices are now ready to use. Before you proceed with the activation issues you can check out how to fix iPhone issues.
Several specific explanations leading to problems with activation are described below:
- Lack of Internet link efficiency may escalate to activation failure.
- The TV isn’t upgraded to tether the device enough.
- The home networks are either not secure, or a virus destabilizes the computer.
- Temporary web server, or issue of connection.
Setup on TV
The setup of your Roku device requires that you determine what type it is. Roku devices are two types – Roku Streaming Stick and Stick Player. Now follow the steps:
- For Roku Player setup – Plug one end of the HDMI cables in the Roku Player and the other end on the TV HDMI port.
- For Roku Stick setup – Plug the stick directly to the HDMI port on the backside of the TV.
Note: If your TV doesn’t have an imperceptible HDMI link, then you will not be able to Set-Up your device. You could buy an HDMI – Component Adapter for connecting through the component ( yellow, red, white) ports. Learn more about Roku activation here.
- Remember the HDMI port number (HDMI 1, HDMI 2) when you’re plugging in the device, be it Roku Ultra or Roku Express.
- All devices should be connected to a power source. Plug one end of the power cable in the device and the other end in the electrical outlet.
- Switch on your TV and select the HDMI source in which you plugged in the device.
- Your screen now has the option to choose a language. Select your preferred language using the Remote.
- Connect the Device with your WIFI. Enter your wifi’s security details and press OK on the remote.
- On connecting with the internet, your device will prompt for software available. Make sure you update your device and then start using it.
- Choose the display setting as you prefer.
- Check your remote control. Follow the instructions as displayed. You can also skip this stage and move ahead for activation.
- An activation code pops up on the screen with the steps to follow next.
- From another device, visit roku.com/link. Make sure you don’t switch off your TV screen.
- Enter the five-character activation code and click on “Submit”.
- Create an account on Roku providing your requested details. If you already have an account then click on the “Sign In” option present on the right side of your screen.
- Add your card details for payment of the premium channels like NETFLIX or HBO NOW. You won’t be charged while entering your payment details.
- Once you have finished inserting a form of payment, you will be prompted to check the email address of your account. Once you are done with everything, you can enjoy streaming on your TV and relax.
Key Features of Roku Link
- Users can switch to Roku from the official URL roku.com/link.
- Users can watch multiple streaming channels, videos, and live content on Roku.
- Users can buy a monthly membership, to begin with, and adjust it on how they want to see it.
Roku TV doesn’t charge any subscription fees to use any features, whether you buy any devices or not. You only pay for subscription channels like HBO Now, Hulu TV, NETFLIX, Disney+, and many more.
Update Roku Link without Card Credentials
A user can update their link without using any credit card. Follow the steps to know more:
- Fill in the required credentials, such as – First Name, Surname, E-mail, verify Email, Password, and Verify Password.
- The user then has to agree to the license agreement.
- The page will now move to the payment portal, where you need to pick a payment choice & billing address.
- While adding the credit card credentials, the client may select “add later” and move on to the update process.
- Within a few seconds, your screen will flash up with a message that your account has been updated.
Creating a Roku account is free. You just have to add the card details to create an account. This makes it easy for the user to pay while he wants to use any subscription channel or wants to rent any video.
Restart your Roku device by going to Settings > System > Power > System Restart. Also, check your internet connection. Restart it once and then log in to your account.
Roku is an amazing portal that allows you to stream videos for free with the help of an internet connection. The link is used to activate the streaming device. People love watching free content online, and it helps them to gain access to those content. Its demand is rising and people love its user interface. It’s easy to use and got many positive reviews. If you like our content, please state your views. By chance we left out anything, please state those queries in the comment box, and our team will get back to you.