Install and activate your Xfinity gateway through xfinity.com/authorize to approve the Xfinity Services. Xfinity is a streaming service providing live television channels, DVR recordings, linear cable networks, and videos on demand. You can watch live TV channels from 200+ networks partnered with Xfinity. You could also download and watch shows offline.
Xfinity Stream is the largest service provider in the United States. It is available in its own streaming device known as Xfinity Flex. It also has its own set-top box known as Xfinity X1.
On activating the Xfinity app, you could stream live shows and can record them while watching. You can manage your saved items easily. On the browsing page, you will have streaming sections like TV, Movies, Networks, Sports, Kids, News, and Latino. The search option makes it easy for you to find your favorite shows instantly.
You can download your recordings and watch them offline whenever you want. The app provides you with recommendations by noticing your watch history.
To Activate any device using the xfinity.com/authorize, follow the activation process:
- Step 1: Open a browser tab and type down www.xfinity.com/authorize.
- Step 2: A screen appears with welcoming texts as “Welcome to Xfinity”.
- Step 3: Two options will be available for you – the “Next” button and the “Already have a Code?” button.
- Step 4: Click on the “Next” button and you will be landed on the next page.
- Step 5: You will be asked to verify your Xfinity account with your “Username” and “Password” or with the registered “Mobile Number”. You can either enter your Xfinity credentials or phone number.
- Step 6: Select the “Mobile Number” option. You will receive an OTP on the given number.
- Step 7: Type down the OTP and the captcha and click on the “Next” button.
- Step 8: Enter the Xfinity Username and Password for your account.
- Step 10: Check the stability of your internet connection.
- Step 11: Connect your device with the WIFI. Enter the WIFI password when prompted and click on the “Connect” button. You will see that your device is ready to use the Internet.
- Step 12: Enjoy using the Xfinity services and watch your favorite shows without any interruption.
Download the Xfinity App on Samsung & LG Smart TV
The Activation steps for both Samsung and LG Smart TV are the same. Follow the steps to activate the Xfinity App:
- Step 1: Open the respective app store for both the TV. You will be prompted with a welcoming screen. Click on “Get Started” to move on to the next step. If you have already activated, then you will be launched on the main menu.
- Step 2: The activation screen will be prompted with the six-digit code on it.
- Step 3: From another device like a mobile phone or computer, launch a web browser and visit the xfinity.com/authorize webpage.
- Step 4: Enter the six-digit activation code from your Smart TV screen.
- Step 5: You will be requested to enter the Xfinity accounts’ Username and Password.
- Step 6: Provide the credentials and click on “Sign In”.
- Step 7: Activation Successful message will be prompted on the screen. Your screen will be refreshed to launch the terms and conditions page.
- Step 8: On the Terms and Conditions page, click on “Yes” to go to the next step. If you click “No Thanks” options, you will be taken back on the first step.
- Step 9: Create an unique name and click on the “Confirm” button. This name will be easy to recognise while fixing any troubleshooting.
- Step10: You’re finally launched on the main menu. Enjoy streaming various content online.
*Read More* – How to View, Manage, and Pay Xfinity Bills!
Comcast Xfinity Stream Beta App on LG TV
In 2019, Comcast has released Xfinity stream beta app, in partnership with LG. LG models that are from 2017, 2018, and 2019 will have Xfinity Stream App. Following are the model codes that have Xfinity App in there:
- Model Codes LG SJ, LG LJ, and LG UJ along with LG OLED (7) from 2017
- Model Codes LG SK, LG LK, and LG UK. Also, LG OLED (8) from 2018
- Model Codes LG SM, LG LM, and LG UM. Also, LG OLED (9) from 2019
From 2020, the same model codes come with advanced features. With this new Xfinity Stream Beta version, users can watch on-demand content and live TV.
Xfinity App FAQ
The Xfinity Stream app doesn’t work on all streaming devices. It works on only selective devices like Roku TV, Roku Express, and on selective Samsung or LG Smart TV.
Indeed, even though you return your Xfinity TV Box, you can continue watching all of your previous content purchases through the Xfinity Stream app and the Xfinity Stream portal.
Xfinity Stream app works with some of the most advanced smart home devices like Samsung smart TV, LG Smart TV, Apple TV, and service brands to give you improved security and more control over your connected home devices.
Other than home devices, Xfinity TV is available on Amazon Fire TV, Comcast, and such. Users can opt for recordings in bulk episodes of an entire series and binge-watch later.
If our content was helpful for you, please state your views in the comment section. If you have any questions regarding the content. Please write it down, and we will get in touch with you shortly.