YouTube is an incredible platform that offers a broad range of shows. It is basically a user-generated content platform that is totally free for streaming. It also allows the user to upload their videos online and after reaching a certain range of subscribers, YouTube starts paying for the videos. People also use embedded YouTube video links on their blogs.
In this 21st century, people love to watch movies on big screens rather than small screens. In this COVID pandemic situation, everyone started watching their favorite shows on their smart TV. To activate youtube on your home TV, click on youtube.com/activate, and enjoy streaming it with your family. Users whose TV doesn’t support built-in apps can follow our content to know how to activate youtube on older TV versions.
- 1 What is YouTube Activation?
- 2 Activating YouTube on Smart TV Built-in app
- 3 Activating YouTube on Older TV Versions
- 4 Activate YouTube on Apple TV
- 5 Activating YouTube with other devices
What is YouTube Activation?
To watch YouTube on your smart TV, you need to connect/activate YouTube on smart TV using their smartphone. The activation is very simple. To connect your account, you just need to sign in and put the activation code which you receive.
Activating YouTube on Smart TV Built-in app
If your TV has a built-in app, then you need to follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Open the YouTube app on your smart TV
- Step 2: Click the Gear icon on the top left. And click Sign In
- Step 3: After you provide your credentials, wait till you will receive a code on your TV
- Step 4: Now open Youtube.com/activate from your phone or laptop
- Step 5: Enter the account information and Sign In
- Step 6: Enter the activation code which is on your TV screen, then click Allow Access.
Now you can enjoy streaming YouTube on a big screen.
Activating YouTube on Older TV Versions
For Activating YouTube on older TV version, which was manufactured before 2013, if they consist of old flash YouTube app, then you need to follow these steps to active YouTube:
- Step 1: Open the YouTube app on your TV
- Step 2: From the left side menu box, click on Sign In
- Step 3: After you provide the information, keep your TV screen on
- Step 4: Open Youtube.com/activate from any other devices and Sign In
- Step 5: Within a few moments, you’ll see an 8 digit code on your TV screen. Enter the activation code.
- Step 6: Click “Allow” to accept YouTube’s terms and conditions. Now enjoy streaming Youtube on the big screen.
There are other ways to connect YouTube to an old version of TV. Click on the video below, to watch some in-hand experience with gadgets.
Activate YouTube on Apple TV
You can access YouTube on Apple TV. But a gentle reminder that the YouTube app on the 1st and 2nd generation of Apple TV is a 3rd-party app that isn’t supported by YouTube. The 3rd generation of apple TV consists of the YouTube app which is developed by the YouTube team. Steps to activate YouTube on Apple TV are:
- Step 1: Open the YouTube app on the Apple TV
- Step 2: Sign In into your account, and a code will be generated on your screen.
- Step 3: Visit youtube.com/activation from any other device
- Step 4: Enter your Google account information and Sign In. Enter the code which is on your TV screen
- Step 5: Now you’re logged in into your YouTube account, enjoy streaming it on your Apple TV.
YouTube TV on Apple TV
The YouTube TV app is available in the apple store. The steps to download and activate YouTube TV on Apple TV are:
- Step1: Switch on the Apple TV and open the apple store. Search YouTube TV. Select the genuine one, provide your Apple ID if requested, and start downloading.
- Step 2: After downloading, open the YouTube TV app. You will have to activate it before using it.
- Step 3: Visit tv.youtube.com from your laptop or phone. Provide your credentials to create an account, confirm your location and you will land on the activation page.
- Step 4: During the activation, a code will be generated on your TV screen. Provide the code on the activation page and you will be able to access YouTube TV on your Apple TV.
Activating YouTube with other devices
Being one of the most famous platforms for streaming videos online and being one of the most crucial platforms to upload videos, people around the world use YouTube for gaining knowledge and to get paid for sharing the knowledge using the platform. Thus people also want to stream YouTube on devices like Xbox One or PlayStation 3. Thus the next two articles are for them:
YouTube activation on Xbox One
Activating YouTube on Xbox One is as simple as the rest of the other devices. You just need to put the code and sign in. If it is your first time, then follow the guidelines below which are in brief:
- Step 1: Go To the YouTube app on your Xbox One and visit the Sign In and Settings page
- Step 2: Select Sign In and press X
- Step 3: Provide your account credentials and click next. A code will pop up on your screen. Make sure you do not turn off the screen, or else you will have to start from the beginning.
- Step 4: Visit youtube.com/activate from other devices, like the phone or tablet
- Step 5: Copy the code on the activation page from Xbox and complete the activation process.
Now enjoy the streaming tutorial, and be unstoppable.
YouTube activation on PlayStation 3
You will sign up with your Google Account when you first launch the YouTube app. Once you sign up, you’ll get more services like playlists and subscriptions on YouTube. To sign in, take the following steps:
- Step 1: On your PlayStation 3, go to the Sign In and Settings option
- Step 2: Select Sign In using the X button
- Step 3: A code has been generated on the screen
- Step 4: On your computer or phone type this URL youtube.com/activate
- Step 5: Enter the code on the other device, and you will be logged in Youtube on your Playstation.
Enjoy streaming YouTube on your PlayStation 3, well you could control it with your phone or tablet.
YouTube TV subscription is a live tv streaming service that costs $49.99 per month and offers over 70 different channels.
You start incoming on YouTube by generating advertisements through AdSense or click-on the affiliate links or sponsorship with popular brands. YouTube starts paying you only after you have earned more than $100 by placing ads on your channel or video.
So, measures to enable YouTube on various platforms were these. The steps can differ based on the layout but deciding what to do next isn’t going to be that challenging. Even, don’t hesitate to grab it from the app store if you can’t locate the YouTube version. But if you are unable to locate the YouTube app on the app store, then make sure your device supports the YouTube app.